Monday, January 3, 2011

Catching Up!

Happy New Year to you all. It is hard to believe that it is the 3rd day of 2011 already! The past few weeks have been busy, with the children on school holidays, Christmas and then New Year celebrations.

We had a wonderful Christmas, lots of presents, good food and time with our loved ones. I was spoilt by my family, with a new camera, which I am still working out how to use properly, but having lot's of fun in the process. My husband has named me the paparazzi now :)

In the lead up to Christmas I was busy baking cakes. The first one was a retirement cake for three teachers that were leaving my son's school. The bottom tier was cherry ripe mudcake with dark chocolate ganache filling and fondant covering. The top tier was white chocolate mudcake with white chocolate ganache filling and fondant covering. The apple and pencils were hand made from modelling paste. The words around the top "Loyalty, Obedience and Truth" are on the school emblem.







The next one was a 70th birthday cake for Noelene. This cake was butter cake with white chocolate ganache filling and fondant covering. The present bow was hand made from modelling paste.



My son's teacher asked me to make a cherry ripe mudcake in place of a christmas cake for her family this year. I went with a christmas theme of tree and presents.



Sara-Jayne and Justin were celebrating their engagement, here is the simple cake I created for them. Another cherry ripe mudcake, seems to be the flavour of the month!!



So that is a round up of the final cakes for 2010. I will be back over the next few days with the traditional Christmas dessert and candy table that I created for our family christmas.

Have a great day.

Mrs KT :)

2 comments:

  1. Well done again Katena - a wonderful array of cake creations :)
    Happy New Year to you and your family - and may it be a safe and healthy year for all


    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Katena, such awesome work again, I starting to wonder if you ever get to leave the kitchen, your work is definately in demand...Well done!

    ReplyDelete