Monday, January 17, 2011
Blogger Awards and My Latest Creations.
I was delighted to head over to Scissors Paper Rock a couple of days ago to catch up on what wonderful things Claire was posting about to see that she had passed on two blogger awards to me. Thankyou so much Claire :)
As part of these awards I need to share 7 facts about myself and then pass it onto some other fabulous bloggers.
1. I don't like vegemite! I know this is very un-Australian of me, but it is something that I have never been able to bring myself to eat.
2. My favourite colour is purple. My year 10 formal dress was purple, not very stylish when I look back now, but at the time I thought I looked stunning!!
3. I can cook, but can't sew or sing.
4. I am quite shy and reserved around new people, but amongst family and friends am quite forward and confident.
5. I am a brunette, but would love to be a blonde for a little while! My sister is a hairdresser but will not help me out with this!
6. My dad is Greek, but I do not speak the greek language and have never visited Greece. Would love to do both one day.
7. Today is our wedding anniversary, as of today we have been happily married for 13 years :)
So there you have it, a little bit more about me. Now to pass these awards onto some of my favourite bloggers:
* Sweet Style by Mrs A in the Cove
* A Room For Everyone
* A Dream House for Trish
* The Five Year Project
Please head over and visit these lovely blogs if you haven't already done so.
And to finish off here is my latest cake. This was for Andrew who is a Portsmouth FC fan (an English Soccer Team). The cake was cherry ripe mudcake with dark chocolate ganache and fondant covering.
And these are the latest cupcakes. Toy Story Themed vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream swirls for Aiden who was turning 4. The fondant toppers were hand modelled by me.
Enjoy the rest of the week. My thoughts and prayers are with all of the flood effected people. Please donate if you can, a great cause is Baked Relief, that was started by Danielle from Digella Emporium.