Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lachlan's 7th Birthday Party - Part 2 - Candy and Dessert Table.

I am back today to share the second part to Lachlan's 7th Lego themed birthday party. (Read the other party posts here and here )The main feature of the party - The Candy and Dessert Table!

 
The starting point for the table was the covering. It was bubble wrap spray painted green to imitate lego building plates. Thankyou to Tracey for suggesting this fabulous idea to me!
The lego man paper dolls lined the edge of the table, the inspiration came from here .

The cake, cupcakes, cookies and cake pops were all made by me. The cake was milk chocolate and white chocolate mudcake. I hand modelled all of the lego blocks, logo, number 7 and name plate. The gorgeous cake stand was purchased from Sharnel Dollar Designs.

The cookies were vanilla sugar cookies with fondant icing.

The cupcakes were vanilla and chocolate sponge cake with buttercream swirls and fondant "7's".
The cake pops were inspired by these. The only difference is that I covered these with fondant.
There was also M&M's, jaffa's and red frogs.
And chocolate bars covered to resemble lego blocks.
The party boxes contained lots of great goodies including a lego ruler and lego eraser!
 The menu labels and party box labels were designed by Claire at Scissors Paper Rock

Here is the birthday boy, complete with lego man t-shirt to fit the party theme!
 
The party was a success, there was lots of lego building and fun had by all. I really enjoyed putting this party together for my little boy. 

I want to say thankyou to Claire, Sharnel, Tracey and Leanne for inspiring me and helping me along the way to creating this party :)
Enjoy your week.

Mrs KT :)

21 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous, what a beautiful dessert table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely fantastic Katena - great job - I bet Lachlan and his friends were thrilled! So pleased to be able to throw in my 5 cents worth as you are always doing for me!! xx Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Katena, I bet Lachlan was the proudest bithday boy ever, it all looks so awesome!! I can't believe how grown up he looks, he is growing into quite a man!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all came together so wonderfully Katena! Good job! You should be proud...coz we all know how mammoth hosting a kid's party is!
    It was so much fun doing the invitations & the dessert table labels for you!
    Thanks for the opportunity! I can't wait to get started on Claire's now :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow awesome as always Katena. He sure looks chuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a wonderful job Katena, it came together perfectly. I'm sure it went down a treat. Well done chic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! this is fabulous, love all the details. well done!
    ~Suzanna
    www.montresorblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou all for your lovely comments.

    Trish, he is very grown up now they don't stay our little babes for long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute party! You did a great job!

    Shelley @ http://divinepartyconcepts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this - it's fantastic! Would love to share it on our blog - can you let me know if that's ok, all credited back to yourself of course! Our blog is http://theinspiredoccasion.blogspot.com. Can't wait to hear from you - Cheers, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou Shelly.

    Thankyou Renee, I would love for you to share Lachlan's party on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!
    Love all the details!
    I would love to share your creative party on my blog!
    www.pluffmuddstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi christina

    I would love for you to share Lachlan's party on your blog.

    thankyou :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's amazing! What a great theme. Lachlan must have been so thrilled. I'm sorry I haven't caught up with you much lately..hopefully this week will be slower! Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankyou Silver Daisies :)

    Thankyou Rachael, I have been the same hopefully will have time to catch up with all my fav blogs now the kids are on school holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your party, my son's is on Saturday and I'm wondering where you got the lego rulers?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great party! Great ideas! I've been looking for a lego shirt like this for my son's lego party in a few weeks. Would you mind sharing where you got it from?
    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rebecca

    I purchased the tshirt off ebay. I can't find the link to it now, but there are quite a few different lego t-shirts on there at the moment.

    Hope the party goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is amazing..so many adaptable ideas. My son's party is right around the corner and he is asking for a lego theme. I love focusing on the primary colors...and covering the candy bars yourself is wonderful!

    Can you tell me where you purchased the solid color favor boxes? I can't seem to find any that are not themed.

    Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete