Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mini Sponge Cake Parfaits.

This morning I had some time to myself and instead of tackling the housework and ironing, I decided to whip up some mini sponge cake parfaits.

I made my usual easy sponge cake, coloured it a pretty pink, whipped up some fresh cream and chopped up some yummy strawberries.

This is the result!


These little desserts are so easy to make and look really pretty. A similar version will feature on a dessert table I am planning very soon.


I have them photographed on my favourite milk glass stand prettied up with gorgeous grosgrain ribbon, both purchased from my lovely friend, Leanne of Sweet Style.

I am participating in another 30 day photography challenge with some friends and today's topic was "glass". This photo proved to be the perfect shot!




I hope everyone is enjoying this very chilly weekend. Stay warm.


4 comments:

  1. So so cute!! Have a nice week end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katena, thanks so much for your lovely comment.

    Your cakes and desert tables look amazing!!

    Droolworthy!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Katena, they look delish. Such a simple yet elegant idea.

    Cheers
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty pink sweet and I love the stand as well.

    ReplyDelete