Saturday, August 7, 2010

Enchanted Tree Cake

Today I had the pleasure creating a birthday cake for Madison, who is turning 8 tomorrow. She is in Lachlan's class at school. She requested an Enchanted Tree cake and even had a book to give me with the instructions in it. This one is from Debbie Brown's "Enchanted Cakes for Children" book.


The cake is dark chocolate mud cake with milk chocolate ganache and chocolate fondant covering. A bit of a chocolate overload, which is my kind of cake!!

The little animals are made from modelling paste and I was able to make these a few days ago so they had time to set.



This cake was so much fun to make, can't wait until Madison sees it later on when they come to collect. I am not sure if they will actually want to cut it :)


Happy 8th Birthday Madison, thank you for allowing me to create such a wonderful cake.

Mrs KT :)

9 comments:

  1. Really impressive - you have a wonderful talent :-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've just spent about an hour trawling your blog. Amazing cakes! Enjoy your weekend. Mira

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou BG :)

    Thankyou for stopping by Mira, I will head over to your blog now and check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING as usual Katena. That is one awesome cake! I bet she was thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katena it is just amazing - you are so clever - hope Madison enjoyed it!! L xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness....this is AMAZING Katena! Well done!!!!! You are so clever. If I attempted to make this...it would look like a big messy pile of....actually I won't explain what it would look like HAAAAA!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katena, I think this cak is a triumph - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another splendiferous creation! You should do this for a job you know.... ha ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very talented! The cake is truly amazing, very fun for a little girl's birthday. I can't believe you made those creatures too, they're perfect! Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete