Friday, July 23, 2010

Sneek Peek : Claire's 1st Birthday

It is still a couple of months away, but things are coming along nicely for Claire's 1st birthday celebration. As mentioned in this post, it will be a pink, white and mauve affair, with lots of ruffles! I have chosen her cake:


{Image from here}

How could I go past the famous Martha Stewart Ruffle Tower Cake! I just hope I can do it justice. Once the cake was decided on the next thing was what to put on the top? I thought about making something out of modelling paste, but it just didn't seem right, so I checked out Etsy and Madeit to see what I could find. A clothespin doll topper was my choice.

I was lucky enough to come across a talented lady on Madeit, Sarah of Enchanted Belles, who managed to create exactly what I visioned. As I have purchased Claire's birthday outfit, Sarah made the dollie topper an outfit to match.


What do you think? Isn't she gorgeous! I think she will be the perfect finishing touch to the cake. Be sure to check out Sarah's blog, Enchanted Belles, and see the gorgeous wedding cake toppers, dollies and personalised door plaques.


Thankyou Sarah for creating this for Claire :)

Oh and another thing, I have reached 20 followers, HOORAY, thankyou all for supporting my little blog, I really appreciate it.


Enjoy your weekend.


Mrs KT :)

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, so gorgeous! That cake is to die for , and the topper is perfection. Lucky Claire! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is just beautiful Katena - can't wait to see more - will hop over and check out Sarah's blog! Love it! Will talk to you about fondant toppers! Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to it Leanne and do check out Sarah's work it is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw shux girls :) It was a total pleasure! And Katena - that cake looks gorgeous! You will no doubt make it just as or even more amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely gorgeous! I'll definitely check out her madeit shop. We'll be having a few girly birthday parties around here over the next few years..Perhaps in the meantime I'll get some cake decorating lessons..The cake you've chosen looks beautiful. I like the 20th cake too, just perfect! Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete