Tuesday, July 13, 2010

There was no cake in the house.......

I realise this is hard to believe when I do so much baking, but it was true last night! I really felt like a nice big slice of mudcake with cream while I was snuggled up in front of the fire watching Masterchef. I searched the freezer thinking, there must be a slice in there somewhere, but to no avail.

The trouble is most of the baking I do is for someone else, very rarely do I bake especially for our household. So this morning I had to fix this problem. Into the oven went a milk chocolate mudcake and a couple of milk chocolate mud cupcakes.

Here is the finished cupcake, topped with smooth chocolate ganache and grated chocolate. 




The large cake is still cooling, this will be layered and covered in ganache. I will then slice it and hide some in the freezer for the next I decide I MUST have cake!!





Of course I had to taste test to ensure that they would be suitable for the rest of the household to eat when they arrive home from work and their sleepover at Nan and Pop's :)

Mrs KT :)

5 comments:

  1. Yum,that cake looks delicious! Cake doesnt last too long in our household, especially chocolate cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mud cake...we are renting a house that has beige carpet right thru & it really doesnt go well with a 3yr old & cake, so we reserve such delicious treats for McCafe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! I have also just been baking. Made a pineapple upside down cake which was pretty good with a cuppa. I hope you enjoyed your cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katena, just included a link to your blog in my last post, hope you dont mind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum Yum Yum!!! One of life's simple pleasures: tasting that first cupcake as it comes out of the oven... "Just to make sure it's baked properly," I tell my husband.

    ReplyDelete