Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sunday in the Kitchen!

After making jelly cakes last week for the Mother's Day afternoon tea, I realised how delicious they are and wondered why I don't make them more often! So with no cake baking to do this weekend I made some blue jelly cakes.


These cakes are very easy to make. I use a quick sponge cake recipe, but any sponge cake could be used, it is best made the day before so it doesn't fall apart when submerged in the jelly. My friend, Gail, has blogged an excellent step by step for jelly cakes here.

I also made some caramel mudcake cake pops. I was going to a linen party on Monday night, and wanted to take something yummy for supper. I usually make these and cover them with white chocolate, but I find the white chocolate is too sweet, so this time covered them in milk chocolate. They were delicious!


Two delicious sweets that are very easy to make, and really should be made more often :)

Enjoy your week.



1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of jelly cakes, they look yummy. I'll go and have a look at your friend's step-by-step.

    ReplyDelete