Friday, February 4, 2011

The Year of the Rabbit!

It was my husband's birthday a couple of days ago, and we are having his birthday dinner tonight at his mum's, so of course we have to have a special birthday cake for the kids to blow the candles out on.

I always use family birthday's to try out new recipes or designs. I have recently purchased some flavoured oils to add to some of my cakes, so the first one to trial was raspberry. I made a white chocolate and raspberry mudcake, with fresh raspberries and the raspberry oil. It turned out really lovely and has a wonderful berry flavour ( I know this as I had to test the cut-off!!!)

As for the design, he is a South Sydney Rabbitoh's supporter (an NRL team), so incorporated the logo into the cake. It is also the year of the rabbit and I have joked with him that this might mean that the Bunnies may just win the premiership in 2011, this is why I have these words embossed on the cake :)



The cake is displayed on my custom made cake stand, with matching bold red ribbon.




Go the Bunnies in 2011, and Happy 35th Birthday to my love xxx

Enjoy your weekend.



5 comments:

  1. Love the cake! What a great idea... although I'm personally a "Doggies" fan.... still bring on the footy season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother is a very loyal Doggies fan, Ana :) Looking forward to the season starting too!

    Thankyou Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with the flavour oils! And I love this one Katena! What did he think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cake Katena. Birthdays at your house look too good to eat.

    ReplyDelete